Monday, March 28, 2011

Here I am again

I knew that I would be back on this road again but that does not make it any easier. First and foremost I have to start by saying that I got pregnant in August 2009 after the IVF #1 with ICSI. For about 2 months we were on edge because my initial # was about 11.

Later I came to understand that many people with level of HCG do not end up with a normal pregnancy. I was therefor in limbo without a true affirmed answer of whethere I was pregnant for almost 8 weeks. Only when they did an ultrasound and saw a sac was I pronounced pregnant. We now have a healthy baby boy called Haki and he is 10 months old who was born via a C section.

I believe in miracles and I know that Haki is my miracle. I was however hoping that I would not have to go to a fertility specialists to get pregnant again. I feel it is time to try again since it has not happened naturally yet. One would think that the journey would be easier this time around but it actually is not.

After an HSG I have been diagnosed with a blocked fallopian tube with a hydrosalpinx.
My OBYN actually called attention to this issue after my C-Section. She said that it appeared my left fallopian tube was stuck to my uterus at the midpoint. Since I had had a previous HSG which did not indicate a blocked fallopian tube, it appears that after the previous C section this fallopian tube adhered the uterus.

So now we have another thing to worry about. A laporoscopy was scheduled for last week Wednesday but due to a series of events I felt that I should not do the Lap surgery with possibility of a salpingetomy. I decided to continue with the IVF cycle.

I have been warned that a hydrosalpinx reduced the chance of a successful IVF by another 50 %. So at this point I am back to the beginning only now it feels like the starting line has been moved many miles back. I feel that I have nothing else but to bring this issue to God in prayer. Honestly I am puzzled at these series of events in my life and sometimes I get very depressed. However I remember that God has enabled my to be pregnant in the past and so again I am asking for a miracle.

I have been thinking long and hard about the situation that I find myself in. What I have decided to do is take care of my baby and my husband as best as I can. I am remembering to be grateful for all that I have and to cast my cares to God at all times.

So I am on day 5 of stimulation. If all goes well ER will be between Apr 7-9 and ET will be 3-6 days after that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, it is so great to catch up with you, I am glad you are back! And congratulations on your little miracle boy Haki! I will be praying that this new cycle brings another miracle blessing for you.

    ReplyDelete