Friday, July 24, 2009

Lets Break Bread Together

So I baked my first loaf of bread that is edible. I am very proud of myself. So how and why am I baking bread. Well I have always wanted to learn how to bake bread. In a bid to try and get healthy as part of trying to get pregnant I have decided to eat organic and cook as much food myself as I can.

In the recent past I managed to convinced my DH to join me in this organic eating endevour. I started by looking at what we eat or drink most. Bread, milk, vegetables, fruits, eggs and chicken topped the list. We are now buying organic no hormones or antibioics chicken, organic no animal products fed cows milk(amazing what you find out about food when you dig deeper) The last I knew, cows were herbivores(only eat plants), so why are they being fed animal parts...that just seems extremely wrong. The eggs are from chickens being fed grains only no antibiotics, hormones and no animal products too.

As for fruits and vegetables, the store I go to does not have an organic section for this. It seems like I might just have to start going to wholefoods. I am not sure how this change will will impact our budget. Anyways the point I am making is that I have this strong feeling that we really need to change how and what we eat. Then I got this idea that ....we eat bread everyday (almost) so this might be a good place to start.

So I googled bread recipies and found this website "http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/11/04/homemade-bread-cheap-delicious-healthy-and-easier-than-you-think/". Three hours later I had a great looking loaf of bread that tasted wonderful. I learnt how to make jam last year. So I quickly chopped some strawberries and raspberries and made some jam. Somehow I thought I still had some pectin(The stuff thats used to make it less runny and more spreadable) but LOL I couldnt find it. I was therefore missing one ingredient but it come out ok. I spread some on the warm bread....it tasted great and I know one thing for sure it does not have High fructose corn syprup which is supposed to be bad for us but is in almost every food we purchase.

I am not sure if I will be able to keep up with this bread baking business but so far so good.

Regarding IF today is day 5 on Lupron. Other than being extremely sleepy ehen I shouldnt, I feel ok. No moods or nothing. My RN emailed me today and said she is excited about next week which is when I start the Gonadotropins FSH (Gonal-F) and 75 IU LH&FSH (Menopur). I have not met this RN yet (will explain in another post). But I really already like her she is very positive and suportive. I think her attitude has helped improve my attitude for this process.

My DH is out with a friend who has from out of town to watch the Chelsea, A.C. Milan soccer game in the M&T Bank Stadium. So its boys night out today and once in a while like today, I really do not mind.I really like it when my DH hangs out with friends and stop being such a hermit.

Thanks all.

No comments:

Post a Comment