Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Be encouraged my friends

I am slacking here I know. Melissa thanks for your award, I tried to go to your blog and look for it, but could'nt find it. I just started blogging so I havent figured a lot of things yet. Regardless, thank you. I wish you all the best in your upcoming IVF cycle.

So its official, I cannot continue running. I am really trying to decrease my weight as we get into retreival and transfer phase. I have finally really committed to loosing the 30 pounds that I really should not be carrying around. So I am a little discouraged about that.

Check this out, I am not really loosing any weight. I am watching my calories I now have a calorie counter on me. So far in the last 3 hours 20 minutes I have expended 602 calories. I am 5 Ft and 155 pounds. 1st July this year I was 150 pounds, several months before then I was 146 pounds. Is it the meds really? Recap: I was on BCP in April, my authorisation did not come through so I stopped BCP in May. I started BCP in July, Lupron about 3 weeks later now on Follistim and Menopur only. I weighed myself yesterday and was 155 pounds. I am excercising everyday other than Sunday by running 4 miles. Its been a month now and no change. I increased the weekly mileage to 6 yesterday. I will weigh myself again on Sarturday to see if anything will happen. Today I walked those 6 miles and boy was I tired.

Back to why I am walking, well I kind of knew that the Dr. would probably tell me not to run anymore so I kind of delayed asking him, seeing how my weight isnt coming off. Yesterday Dr. called me with my results. When I asked him what type of excercise I should be doing he said "use the lyptical no jumping". I said what about running, he said "running is jumping." I think what he means is, do nothing that has a jumping motion. So thats that. I will be walking for a while.

Enough about weight issues. So the real reason the Dr called me instead of an RN is because he was answering a question we had asked our Angel RN. We wanted to know if we can be agressive with this cycle and transfer 3 embies. The answer was a clear no. He was very firm on the fact that it is not an option especially because this will be our first IVF. Apparently this is part of a regulation by the association of reproductive medicine(I will confirm the name of the association and change the name if incorrect). This association has some stipulations and Dr's can be jailed if found to not be within the confines of these rules. I guess I should look at it as the glass is half full in terms of we will be blessed to have even 2 good enbies to put back in.

So I figure I will not worry about the things I cannot change. I will only focus on those things that I can do to prepare myself to have good eggs. On that note I have increased my water intake. I usually struggle to complete 32 ounces a day. Today I am going to drink another 32 ounces. I figure this will also help clean up my body.

IF update. I feel ok. I think I am starting to feel some stirrings around my ovaries. Nothing very definate but every now and then I feel some dull tagging and cramping. Yesterday the Menopur dose was increased to 225. Follistim stays at 300. Tomorrow I have yet another appointment for US and BW. I actually forgot to ask what my Estradol levels were and this is bugging me. I will wait until tomorrow but I hope that the level is rising like it should. Ohh I have also ran out o fmeds so I have to run to the pharmacy and get some Follistim and Menopur.

Today I feel like encouraging myself and everybody else that is on this journey. Let us keep on moving forward, let us try to stay positive, let us continue to hope. We loose nothing by keeping our spirits up. Let us love those who are close to us, our spouses, children, sisters and brothers, and friends. Stop for a while and enjoy a hug, a kiss, a touch from a loved one, really enjoy it. Enjoy being loved as you love, never forgetting to forever cherish what we now have.

Be and stay blessed.

CT

No comments:

Post a Comment